be a screen-door

well, hello! i know it has been a long time (more than a week) since i have posted, but i have been away from coffee shops since then. i don't have internet at home, so the only time i post is at coffee shops or mike and mat's house. anyway, here it is, my week and my thoughts.

i went to graduation on friday, (no pictures, gowns never make you look good!) anyway, it was fun (surprising enough) and we had a lovely party that night with all the people i care about. sometimes i want to come up with a reason to just have a party like that all the time. sidenote= i was on the tramp (yes, and it was fun) and i received a burn on my elbow, like a rugburn but worse. it still hurts a week later. sidenote over.

saturday and sunday were "normal" for normal people (i didn't have homework to run off to), so we read and caught up on sleep.

that brings us to monday, tuesday, and wednesday. i would have come to the coffee shop, but i ended up staying home all those days and doing other things at night. (Bible study was fun, ryan and micah we miss you!)

okay so now today: i am reflecting on some comments from the todd agnew concert (monday night). that is what the screen-door is all about. he was talking about being more like Christ and discovering who He really was (not our made up sunday school version). anyway, a passage in john 10 is good for knowing who Christ is because He told His disciples who He was. read my Bible encouragement section for the verses (john 10: 9-10) todd agnew went through a very funny, yet challenging conversation with God about this passage, and he came to the conclusion that if Jesus is the door (to salvation and heaven), and we are to be like Him, how can we be the door also? we are not the door as Christ is, but we lead others to the door, by the way we live our lives. if we lead to the door and we are to be like Christ, then we must be the screen-door! i found this to be very good to think about. the concert has opened many new questions and challenges in my own life, if you ever have the chance to see todd agnew, do it! he talked more than he sang, but it was all great conversation and little tidbits that make you think.

so i pray that you, having already gone through the door, (if indeed you have) could help others to find the amazing love and joy we have in Christ. the abundant life He gives can be for everyone. oh, that we will let go of ourselves and look to Jesus who is our example for abundant living and live it!

bless His name, and it will not be long before my next post!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

It is so good to see a new post from you. I was beggining to worry about you. Are you enjoying being done with school at least for a while? Your party was so much fun and it was the prefect ending to my trip to Utah. I really wish that we could have spent moretime together but I'll be back not to worry. Maybe not until December but I'll be back!
Have a great weekend and I'll look forward to seeing some more posts from you. oh, by the way how is sarah doing with Micah being gone? Have you all heard from him recently?

AMY said...

don't worry, the posts will continue, i just needed a break from coffee shops for a while. sarah is doing okay, she has received some letters from him, and he called her once. she said it becomes harder when she thinks of how long until he comes home. but she is doing great and she is trying to start up a blog of her own, once she comes up with a name.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see you post again. I don't know if seth told you, but we were totally planning on coming to your party and it just got away from us. Seth had to work really late that night and I had reminded him that your party was that night but it escaped him. So we waited for him but by the time he got home it was time for the girls to go to bed anyway! But we have a gift for you and I'll try to remember to bring it on Sunday.

Sarah said...

sounds like you had a blast at the concert. hey hey guess who has a blog now?! it's me! except you have to help me figure some stuff out...

Ryan said...

hey amy! i wish i could have gone to that concert. i'm sure it was a blast. nice to see you have your head above ground for the the first time in 4 months! :) you should post something like that on our simple minds. have a fun summer, i'll talk to you later.

Kimber said...

You have a such a great knowledge and love for God's word. It is so encouraging to me whenever I read your blogs, and the boy's, because it sparks my faith that much more.
I can't wait to see you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Sorry I couldn't make it to your graduation party. Congrats! Being out of school is awesome. I wish I had been at the Todd Agnew concert. I know some other people who went and they said it was awesome. Oh well, I'll catch him next time around. See you later!