The Boy is Four

We celebrated Benjamin's 4th birthday a month ago. A play time at the park with presents and cupcakes was the perfect party for my outdoor loving little guy. I got a little "pinteresty" and made a John Deere cupcake cake, complete with "dirt" and a tractor. It was just enough prep for me but not over the top and overwhelming. I love our family and friends. They made the night so special. Turns out, the kid is not tough to figure out and we all bought duplicate presents without the others knowing. Both sets of grandparents bought/made him a "sand/dirt digger" contraption and he loves having two! My sister and I both bought the same construction Lego set and he also loves having two because that way he can build more cranes ect. for his playtime. Overall it was a great time and we love our little man. 

He is so tough and solid yet sensitive and cuddly. I love everything about him and my love for him grows as he grows. Four years old has been a good age for both our kids. The Lord has blessed us with the life of this boy and I am looking forward to the time we have to point him toward God's love and grace. 

He asked for "mickey mouse pancakes" for his birthday breakfast. 

We had our own picnic dinner at the park before the guests arrived. 
Cupcake cake with cookie dirt and toy tractor. 

The boy loves to swing - see pictures below. 

Pete and I gave him a "big kid" bike - we may be more excited about it than him. 

Digging in the sand with his friends and new toys

swing-time, on his birthday, 4 years in a row!

Traditional picture on the blanket.

No comments: