"It's so amazing, I have to tell you about it!"

It has been a while since I've posted. (Many of my posts begin this way.) This time, the reason is not because I've been "too busy" or forgot. It is because this is the 300th post on my blog! Not sure why I thought this post should be different from #299, or even 200, but I did. Maybe because I'm almost 30 or I'm near the 300th gift in my 1000gifts list but 300 just seemed important. So I just didn't write anything. How silly is that? I had about 3 ideas floating around in my mind but they will be saved for later because today I was given a great reminder and it came from my little girl.

Today Pete worked from home. On those days he has time before dinner to hang out with the kids. After their rest time, the kids went to see him in the office. They were getting ready to go outside. I cannot express how happy I am that it is easier to send them outside, now that it's Spring. I heard him tell J, "Let me know when you guys are ready and I'll come outside with you." She immediately ran into the kitchen and exclaimed, "Mom, It's so amazing, I have to tell you about it!" I said, "What, what is it?" She replied, "Dad said he would come outside with us when we get ready. Isn't that amazing?" As quickly as she came in, she was off and getting her shoes. Besides the fact that she is developing a great personality that we see more of every day and I love it; she helped me see the child-like excitement that life can bring.

Everyday there are amazing things all around us and we simply need to see them and thank God for His gifts of grace. So there is something so amazing, I have to tell you about it. My life has hope and joy because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross to save me from my sinful self that previously kept me separated from God and His grace. He died and conquered death and came back to life for us! To redeem us and restore fellowship with Him. The Spirit of God lives in me and I can't imagine living every day alone, without God's strength in my life. Real joy is amazing and sometimes it feels like God is saying, "Tell me when you're ready and I'll come with you." I am so excited about it that I want to tell the next person I see. So that person is you! I don't know who reads my blog - well I know about at least 4 people - but I hope you are encouraged and will seek more of God; whether you are just learning about him or being renewed everyday for the past 40 years. He is great, He is good, and I love Him.

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

6 comments:

jen said...

Great post!

jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Marie said...

So encouraging, Amy!