so, for 2010, i have 5 categories of resolutions with a few goals each. i would like it if you could keep me accountable to them or at least some of them. if you don't care about my goals for twenty -ten then do not read on...
here we go:
- continue using e-mealz (i cook at least 3 times a week now)
- teach jane as much as i can in this stage of her life (shouldn't be too difficult since i am with her all day)
- focus on being the best wife i can be (which is also related to being spiritually close to God)
- workout (at the gym or otherwise) 3 or more times a week
- eat less sweets (so if you see me eating lots of cookies at church, don't let me)
3. Bible and prayer
- for my "devos, quiet time, God time" what-have-you i am going to study the passage that corresponds to the sermon that week. we started 1 corinthians at church this sunday and we will study it in Bible study on wednesdays so i will hopefully understand it well by the time i am finished.
- pray for a different person/family/topic each day. i'm hoping that will help get my "prayer life" on track.
- i want to read 12 books this year, one a month is the goal. so send me some ideas because i need about 8 or 9 more. all varieties of genres are okay. i have a fiction book and Christian "self-help". i would like a parenting/discipline book, maybe a classic, and anything else that is not too long.
- i am still working on this one, but i want to write/finish writing a professional article and submit it for publication.
5. personal/fun and friends
- practice guitar more often and challenge myself to learn more
- get out of my comfort zone and talk to more people at church besides just friends and connect more with friends i don't see often enough
there you have it, and a happy new year to you!