genius!

every once in while my itunes asks me if i want to update, i usually say yes (out loud i say, "yes itunes, of course i want you to become a better version of yourself" wish someone would say that to me) anyway, the last update brought a whole new itunes to my computer. it displays my albums the same way i see them at the itunes store and it has a new feature called genius. genius will create a playlist based on a song of your choosing and use similar songs from your itunes. so far i have not been pleased with the genius feature - first of all, the genius sidebar displays songs similar to the song you are listening to that are available in the itunes store which would be great except it is very tempting to buy them! second, sometimes when i want to create a playlist a message pops up telling me it cannot create a playlist for this song! that has happened about 10 times, even for songs like johnny cash and such. however, today genius redeemed itself with a playlist so good i saved it. the playlist is centered around "a better way" - downhere which is maybe why it is so good. i think i am just in the right mood for all the songs on the playlist. there was only one song out of 25 that i did not want on the list! lesson learned, i think it will get better as more people use it, and i don't have to use it if i don't want to. finally, have a great day. 

2 comments:

Jan said...

...and your snippet is TOPS! my old verbiage which means; well put.

jen said...

Have you checked out www.pandora.com? If you type in an artist that you like, it will create a "radio station" of similar sounding artists/songs. I was just introduced to it recently, but thus far I have enjoyed it. Kinda fun just to play with!