Mayo Family Reunion 2016

My grandpa Ab turned Ninety-two this year! Nearly every year we have a Mayo family reunion on or around his birthday. This year we partied at my parents' home. There was dinner, "minute-to-win-it" type games, face painting, birthday singing and a cake shaped like an airplane. 

Selfie with my grandpa. When I flipped the camera from back to the front camera on my iphone he said,
 "Well for heck sakes!" 


He wanted a Cat face so he could be like our Cat, Dot. I forgot to take an after photo until after it was all smeared. 

My kids and some of the other "cousins' kids" are getting older so there was noticeably less chaos this time around. For the most part, I was able to stand around and talk with my extended family without having to intervene too much in what my kids were playing. They even participated in most of the games! 

I love my family and it was great to see them and spend some time talking. My grandparents are creating a legacy of love and enjoyment of family and I love them for always showing up and making everyone feel loved. 

I forgot to take a "4 generations" photo this time around so three generations will have to do (sorry mom)
My grandpa was a mechanic on airplanes like this, at HillAFB, so my cousin made this amazing cake!
The sons, and son-in-law, with their dad
Crazy Cousins! We are missing Todd, Melissa, Scott, and Craig

Mayo Family Reunion - June 26, 2016

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We loved seeing all the participation in the games! Sarah did a great job.