Thank you cards

Recently, I've received a few thank you cards from dear friends. These aren't the thank you cards you might expect after giving someone a gift. These have been thank you cards written from the heart and have almost made me cry as I read them. 

I love receiving notes from friends and I suspect they would too. God moved in my heart to help these friends out and I followed his leading and he rewarded my faithfulness. But even if they had never known what I did for them, or never sent a card of thanks, it would be okay because I was doing it out of obedience to God and not for my own recognition. 

I love the people God has put in my life and I desire to bring them closer to God through our friendships. May we, as a community of faith, strive to life with each other in such a way that makes us thankful to God for them and His goodness! 

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17




No comments: