New Blog Title

  1. be·lov·ed
    biˈləv(i)d/
    adjective
    adjective: beloved
    1. 1.
      dearly loved.
      synonyms:darlingdeardearestprecious, adored, much loved, cherished,treasured, prized, highly regarded, admired, esteemed, worshiped,revered, venerated, idolized More
      antonyms:hated
      • very popular with or much used by a specified set of people.
        "being so close, the mountain hut is beloved of families on a day's outing"
    noun
    noun: beloved
    1. 1.
      a much loved person.
      "he watched his beloved"
      synonyms:sweetheartlovedarlingdearestlovergirlfriendboyfriendMore
    Origin
    late Middle English: past participle of obsolete belove ‘be pleasing,’ later ‘love.’
    Translate beloved to
    adjective
    1. chéri
    2. bien-aimé
    Use over time for: beloved
    (from Google)
I have always loved the word: Beloved. For one, my name, AMY, means beloved. It is of latin and french origin and is a feminine form of the Hebrew name, David, which also means beloved. 


I wanted to give a new name to my blog - I already changed the domain, so why not? After a few minutes of trying to come up with something witty and creative, this word came to mind. So I did a quick word study using the Logos app. In the Bible, beloved is often used to address people who are very loved and cared about. It also refers many times to Jesus - this is my Beloved Son. I gravitated toward Ephesians chapter 5 and Colossians chapter 3 in their use of beloved.  


Colossians 3:12-17 states: 
"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

This is my "verse(s)" for the year two-thousand fourteen. It encompasses so well everything I desire for myself and how I relate to Christ, my family, friends, and "neighbors" in this year and years to come. Pray for me, as you remember, that I may keep these verses in my mind; that Christ will change my heart that I may "put on" the qualities mentioned here.

I love the sentence: And be thankful. So let's live our lives in love, as one body, with thankfulness in our hearts to God. 

1 comment:

Jan said...

Oh how wonderful His word shall ever be! xxooo the blog name. May you continue to grow in grace is my prayer.